Saturday 16 August 2014

Liz Earle Botanical Essence No.15


I'm going to start this post off with my first memories of trying a Liz Earle fragrance, as it is a sweet one. I was sent the Botanical Essence No.1 perfume to try along with a selection of other Liz Earle products a few years ago. I fell in love quickly with it. I wore it everyday and would go through bottles very quickly, but what really made it special was the fact that their PR at the time was always kind enough to send me little get well soon parcels with some of my favourites in there and of course she always included a bottle of  Botanical Essence No.1. Whenever I wear it now it makes me smile but when I first got sick and was going through many hospital visits a spritz of Botanical Essence No.1 would always perk me (and always had the nurses asking what perfume I was wearing) and now when I look back at that time it makes me smile that one fragrance and one person managed to make my life a little brighter. 

Onto Botanical Essence No.15 I had wanted to try this for a while so treated myself during a bout of online shopping a while back. Since I loved their first fragrance I had high hopes for No.15. Now I know perfume is a tricky one to review as it will always smell different on each of us, so I'll just ramble on why I like it. In the typically sleek and simple packing was the second of Liz Earle's fragrances. Unlike it's sister scent No.1 which is a fresh, light, citrus-y summertime fragrance. No.15 is a rich inviting deep fragrance, something that I love, over the past year I have been using richer scent and this fits into that slightly masculine yet still feminine genre for me. For most people I'm sure it would be perfect as a winter fragrance, however if you are like me, I've been wearing it through the summer. The rich, warming ingredients of tonka bean and vanilla, are mixed beautifully with the spice of pink pepper and cinnamon and a touch of rose. The blend of 15 world’s most precious botanicals really envelopes you in it, wrapping around you and warming you. I picture myself sitting in front a wood burning fire with a hot drink on a cold winter day. It's a comforting fragrance. I also like the fact it is derived from over 90% sustainably sourced natural ingredients, carefully picked and created by award winning French perfumer Alienor Massenet. 

If you want to try it for yourself then pop over to Liz Earle here - Link!

No comments: