Thursday, 18 December 2008
- Im studying law and literature in my last year of my Alevels
- At uni i want to study Education to become a teacher - fingers crossed for Stirling *
- I have a little brother Steven though hes nearly 14 i just cant stop calling him my baby brother :)
- My boyfriend and i will have been together for 2 years on the 7th January 2009 - im so happy doesnt seem like 2 years already thats a good sign right? I love you / him!
- I crave a Blackberry storm.. which i shall be getting in 3 months when i upgrade yay!
- My kind of fun, is a calm evening in cooking then watching a movie or out at the cinema.. im not really into clubs or partying i got that out of my sytem at 16
- Im 18 on June 12th
- Clinique fake tan = <3>
- My hair is naturally blonde.. but i havent had it my natural colour since i was 13 when i started highlighting it.. which links to my next point..
- Ive dyed my hair dark brown.. light blonde.. dirty blonde.. auburn.. red.. brown/red.. bleach blonde.. and ash blonde - all with some form of highlights/low lights
- My fave drink is a vanilla frap from starbucks
- I love winter more than any other season, i think its the snow and clothes that make me love it.. :S
- Every day I reach for Orgasm.. its my makeup staple
- In case you were wondering i am Scottish, i was born in Dunfermline Fife and now live in Marlow, been here almost 3 years!!
- I always watch girlie films, i watched the house bunny today! i love it.. my fave films ever are Legally Blonde!
- Im learning to drive.. slowly lol
It would be interesting to see how they work over the next couple of months as my skin tends to get used to products VERY quickly.
But for now i give these 5/5
Thursday, 11 December 2008
Clarins one step facial cleanser
Which ive tried tonight and its ok, works better when the cotton pad is wet, gets through all my layers of makeup better.
Elizabeth Arden conditioning eyelash primer
So thats all nothing special, i needed a new mascara primer since ive heard good things and at £12 i thought it was worth a try! Ill let you guys know how it works out.
I need to stop spending!
Wednesday, 10 December 2008
Tuesday, 9 December 2008
Sorry about the pictures cant find my digi cam so had to use the bad webcam:
On to the good stuff:
From Origins I bought
- Clear Improvment Active Charcoal Mask
- Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin
- Never A Dull Moment Skin-brightening face polisher with fruit extracts
- No Puffert Cooling Mask for Puffy Eyes
- Clinique Long Last Lipstick - Soft Bloom
- Clinique Long Last Lipstick -Watermelon
- Nars Blush - Sin
- MAC 134 Brush
- MAC shadestick - Sharkskin
- MAC blush - Pink Swoon
- MAC lashes - 20
- MAC lashes - 2
Monday, 8 December 2008
Elizabeth Arden 8hour body cream
Elizabeth Arden Skin Protect
Elizabeth Arden Lipstick (brighhhtt neon ish pink)
Chanel Lipgloss 25
Benefit crease less eyeshadow in strut
Benefit bad gal lash mascara
Clarins Cleansing milk
Tzone nose strips
Garnier face mask/scrub/wash
and im awaiting a delivery from Origins :) yay
So because its going to take longer to write than it would speak, im going to talk about my three fave items from my haul.
- Clarins Cleansing milk £16.50 ( House of Frasers )
After a week of using it, i think it does a fabby job of dissolving the makeup and i wear VERY thick foundations etc, so i used it every night and it does leave some residue on the skin but i follow this with my 3 step Clinique routine and my skin looks fine :)
The texture is pretty standard, thick running cream.. Smell is .. ok i guess not to over powering
2. Elizabeth Arden 8hour body cream
LOVE LOVE LOVE this i use every other 8 hour product but had never tried this and tbh i only bought it to get my free bag lol ( which is looooovely ), so onto the cream its lovely my skin feels very soft and firm apparently this is due to the medicine properties within the cream, and im impressed that it really does stay on the skin no matter what, havent tried going into the shower but apparently even that wont budge it !!
Thats all to really say about that..
3. UDPP - Urban Decay Primer Potion
I dont know why ive put off buying this for so long, i guess i just didnt feel it was worth the £10 but since HoF had a 20% sticker on it i decided to take the plunge and buy it, and i think its great product really helps the shadow stick to my eyes and helps bring out the colours full potential.
After a full day of work ( 9 - 4 ) the shadow was still pretty good, it wasn't as good as my MAC eye shadow primer but maybe im being too harsh with the UDPP? But i think i might do one on each eye to see if there really is a difference.
So thats my favourite items from the haul, and tbh i love everything i bought and i cant wait to recieve my Origins haul hopefully this week but apparently their delivery is slow atm so could be next week. .
If you have any questions just leave a comment here or on Youtube !
Monday, 1 December 2008
Thursday, 27 November 2008
- Frosted shadow contains sparkle and is high-shine. Avoid these shadows on mature skin, as they draw attention to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Highlighters are used on the browbone and at the inner and outer corner to brighten and emphasize the eye.
- Matte shadows contain no shine and look more natural. These are good for defining eyes and using as an underlying color.
- Metallic shadows are used shadows that have a metal finish. They create a more dramatic, nighttime look.
- Midtones are natural colors that are swept over the eye for definition. Mid tones are usually close to your skin complexion.
- Powder shadows either come pressed or loose and are good for blending and typically the eye shadow of choice.
- Crème shadow comes in both matte and shimmery finishes. If applied underneath a powder shadow, it can create a more intense color.
- Liquid eyeshadows typically have a shimmery finish, and can be difficult to blend.
- Shimmer shadows are great for mature skin because they’re subtle enough to not bring out fine lines and wrinkles. Shimmers are also useful for highlighting.
- Satin shadows have a finish that is in between a matte and shimmer shadow, and works well on all skin types."
After much umm'ing i decided to buy the D.W. and was so excited because i thought i was going to get amazing coverage and it would last all day. The lovely girl at the estee lauder counter and she coloured fitted me as 3pebble.
The colour is ok, it seems to be a neutral under tone, a very cool medium shade. However if i apply a little too much it can have an almost grey tint to the colour.
Now as for the coverage, its meant to last all day and be the best on the market.. But on my skin it didnt it slipped off after about 2 hours, now i dont have really oily skin, as ive said over and over im a skin type 3 (Clinique terms) which is oily combination.
It did feel nice on the skin, very soft to the touch and it did cover all my blemishes and pigmentation but it just didnt last.
So needless to say i was really disppointed.. it was a waste of money in my terms, i think im just going to stick to my Clinique Stay True from now on..
Let me know if youve tried this.
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Eye makeup colors: MAC eyeshadows, Mylar and Jest
I’m lovin’ (beauty related): Clinique Super Defence in C/O
I’m lovin’ (non-beauty related): my hair :) ive done a cute braided bun
Outfit: black school skirt and Pink jumper from Kookai
Quote of the day: la la laaaa
Just another manic Monday?: today will be nice.. :S
Goals this week:To finish all homework set on the same day
My wednesday for yoouuuuu
Haul coming sooooonnn!!
Monday, 24 November 2008
Eye makeup colors: none, but got some black eyeliner and mascara on
I’m lovin’ (beauty related): Clinique Moisture Surge
I’m lovin’ (non-beauty related): Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Breakfast: Toast and tea
Outfit: jeans and dads jumper :)
Quote of the day: lol
Just another manic Monday?: oh god yes!
Goals this week:To finish all homework set on the same day
Friday, 21 November 2008
Thursday, 20 November 2008
Sorry i havent been blogging or youtubing much, i have a lot of family problems atm :(
Saturday, 15 November 2008
But since im working today i need to wear a full face, though i think im gonna try to cut back my full face for work.
- Mineral makeup
- Light eyeliner
Even though i have an apparent love of all things beauty, makeup, skin care. I know that sometimes i can skip parts and lose self commitment to my beauty routines, so following many other bloggers its my turn to make a change . .
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day
- Get atleast 7 hours of sleep a night ( i know it should be 8 but its a start)
- Follow my skin care to the T
- Keep my brows under control
- Give my hair a health kick
- Cut down on the amount of makeup i use everyday
- Monthly facials as a treat to myself and my skin
Every girl in the UK shouldve been rushing to buy a copy of Glamour magazine this month to claim your free Nails Inc nail polish worth £10.50.
I was one of many women searching for the colour they want, and it was quite funny scrabbling around in WHSmith for a copy of Glamour.
I dont really ever buy Glamour, for me i stick to Elle, but how could i not buy a £2 magazine to get a gorge nail colour.
In the end i was rather greedy and bought two, i got the red colours (Tate and Victoria).
So hopefully you can grab yourself a copy before its too late..
Thursday, 13 November 2008
It is quite a light colour pay off, but it does a nice job of conturing my face and highlighting my cheekbones :)
Ive highlighted the area where i applied the Rich Bronze, so you can see it really makes the skin glow.
The packaging is boxy, but for £8.99 it does its job, im going to get the other colours when they are back in stock lol
Im definately loving this product
Wednesday, 12 November 2008
On friday i will be uploading all the piccies from that day, plus my final look :) I love it its all so cute and very girlie!
Hopefully you like that little part of it, that was early on wait til you see what else i do with it.
Friday, 7 November 2008
At the moment im applying it before my foundation as a primer sort of, and if i re-apply ill press it onto the area before i touch up, this just helps to freshen up my makeup keeps my skin looking glowing :) which is always a plus.
The texture is quite thick-ish but applies really smoothly on the skin.
However if i apply to much it can feel a little cakey on the skin, but as it helps me look awake and keep my makeup fresh i can live with it. LOL
So far i have the blemish control, and Beauty Flash Balm, so im starting to build my little collection up,
Clarins Wish List:
+Ultra-matte rebalancing lotion
+Lotus face treatment oil
+Gentle facial peeling
+One step facial cleanser
+Delicious self tanning cream (body)
Ok so ive tried loads of fake tans, i alwasy go for a mousse fake tan but ive been brave and went for a lotion, and i dont know why ive been so uneasy about using a lotion because not onlu is the colour pay off more intense and even in tone.
Wednesday, 5 November 2008
- #224 Tapered Blending Brush,
- Pp Small Eyeshadow, Grain
- Pp Eye Shadow - Small, Steamy
- Pp Small Eyeshadow, Deep Truth
- Pp Velux Pearl Eye Shadow, Gorgeous Gold
- Pp Small Eyeshadow, Greensmoke
- Pp Veluxe Pearl Eyeshadow, Crystal Avalanche
- Pp Eye Shadow - Small, Black Tied
- Pp Velux Pearl Eye Shadow, Silver Ring
- Lipglass, Revealing
- Creations Hue, Pinkaura
- #136 Large Powder Brush
- Lash, #36
- Lash, #33
- Concealer, Nw25
- Iridescent Powder, Golden Bronze
- Lipstick, High Tea
- Satin Lipstick, Cherish
- Pp Velux Pearl Eye Shadow, Gorgeous Gold
- Sheertone Blush, Trace Gold
- Shadestick, Sharkskin x2
- Paint Pots, Bare Study
- #134 Large Powder Brush
This is turning into such an addiction :)
Whats your fave blush by NARS?
Thursday, 23 October 2008
- Electric Eel
- Beautiful Iris
- All that Glitters
I have done some swatches, but cant seem to upload so i will post them ASAP
Sunday, 10 August 2008
Tuesday, 5 August 2008
"Affordable and straightforward to use this Half Head pack actually looks exactly like your own hair and are virtually undetectable, leaving you to put them in or take out in just a matter of minutes!"
This is where i get my Hair extensions from its the best quality hair extensions ive tried love them so much, the colours are fab!!
I get the half head in #18 Light Ash Blonde its costs £34.49 with free next day delivery, they are some fab products on there so check them out!!
TAKEN FROM www.hairextensionsnow.com
Whether it’s length, volume or a complete style makeover for that special occasion, Clipinz® will definitely get you noticed…..
We’ve made it oh so easy to add length and volume to your own hair in a flash with our Clipinz® range of ‘at home’ Hair Extensions. Not only are they affordable and straightforward to use they actually look like exactly like your own hair and are virtually undetectable, leaving you to put them in or take out in just a matter of minutes.Just Clipinz®!This item: ‘Clipinz® Half Head’ contains 3x ‘Clipinz® One Pieces’ that provides a suitable layer of Hair Extension ideal for adding instant length in seconds – just Clipinz®!
3 pieces provide a ‘half head’ however you may wish to order extra pieces to add even more volume and length.
100% Human Hair Extensions that can be treated just like your own hair so feel free to straighten, curl, perm or dye them. Wash and condition as normal.
* Clips are attached to hair so just Clipinz®!
* Each pack contains a full colour photo how to guide and care instructions.
- TypeClipinz® At Home Instant Hair Extensions
- Hair StyleStraight
- Hair Type100% Human Remy Hair
- Approx. Length & WidthOverall Length 18”, 22" or 26" x Width 7.5"
- Approx. Weight60g – 3x 20g One Pieces
- Heat FriendlyYes - Use GHD's, Straightners etc
- Application Time1 minute
- Average Wear1+ year
- App. MethodClip-In