Tuesday 21 October 2014

Product of the Month featuring Laura Geller

This is something new that I've never done before but wanted to start a monthly ‘Product of the Month’ post. It will just be quick post telling you why I’ve been loving the product that month and about the product so you know what it does. So let me know what you think and if you like it.


We all search for that elusive foundation that ticks every box in what we ideally want it to do for us and our skin. Laura Geller Balance n Brighten is one of the best foundations I have ever come across (big claim but I fully stand by it), now I have tried many other mineral and powder foundations over the years however I have never really gotten along with any of them. Either my skin felt ‘heavy’ or ‘dry’ or I just generally didn't like how my skin looked when I had applied them. So it took me a few weeks to try this foundation out but once I opened the box I was hooked. Laura Geller’s baked products start out their lives as a cream mousse like texture and are then baked for 24 hours, infused with several colour correcting pigments and the end result is a creamy fine powder that smooth’s over the skin and has wonderful buildable coverage. Depending on how far you push up the brush, means I can switch from light coverage to a fuller coverage within a few sweeps of the brush. You can really get a custom fit for you with this foundation and the brush, from colour to coverage, you have choices. For me it evens my skin out quickly and gives me a flawless matte finish, but somehow it still manages to leave my skin with a luminosity to it, almost dewy across my cheekbones. It doesn't feel heavy and stays in place all day (perfect partner for extra staying power is the Laura Geller Spackle's - I prefer the hydrating and tinted). It gives me everything I'm looking for in a base. I honestly can't say anything bad about this, it has cut my make up application time down and makes me comfortable in my 'skin' as I go about my day.
Balance n Brighten comes in 5 shades, porcelain to deep, so most skin tones are covered. Just a a guide I generally use the shade Medium, though if I'm a little paler or haven't got any fake tan on then I use the Fair shade.

It is £28.00 for the Balance n Brighten & brush from QVC, it isn’t a cheap product but I think it is worth every penny for the amazing flawless coverage and how just a few sweeps go such a long way. If you are going to give this a go, do keep a look out as it does often pop up in what they call ‘Today’s Special Value’ where you can get amazing kits at a bargain price. 




Let me know if you are a Laura Geller Beauty too and what you love in the range in the comments!


No comments: