Monday 25 June 2012

Clarins Ever Matte Foundation Review


Clarins Ever Matte Foundation is a new(well it launched in february-late I know) launch from Clarins and has been a go to of mine for a few weeks now, it is the newest foundation launch from the brand and I was excited to try it out. The new Ever Matte Foundation SPF15 has a lovely light weight feel, packed with minerals and plant extracts to ensure your skin in protected from the dreaded lunchtime shine that some of us sadly suffer from, perfect for those with a combination to oily skin type. Despite the thick and creamy feel initially once you work it into your skin (I prefer fingers with this to really melt it into my skin) you find it becomes very light and I really don't feel like it's there at all, meaning my skin can breathe instead of being congested. The coverage I would say is medium but the texture allows you to build more if you need it, without caking meaning it feels comfortable. It concealed my pores and smoothed my skin, all whilst controlling my sometimes shiny tzone area, they have jammed the formula so that it will work to regulate the production of sebum too. The added bonus of SPF15 was a nice additon and one I'm glad they worked into it.  

Clarins Ever Matte foundation has been a great addition to my makeup routine, creating an even matte natural finish, keeping my skin clear all day long and although I did need to touch up with the Ever Matte Powder Compact toward the afternoon. Howeger unless I was going somewhere special I did feel comfortable without any powder for the majority of the day. I wear shade 110 Honey which for me is a really good colour match however if I were to use a darker self tan I would need a darker shade, so I would suggest being colour matched but the range of 10 shades really does cater for most skin tones.The packing is nice and sleek with the squeeze type bottle being convenient to control how much product you use, plus it is travel safe no need to worry about smashed glass bottles in your handbag. 


Availabe from Clarins counters narionwide or online here!
Priced at £24.00

3 comments:

BeautyBecca said...

I've been looking at this foundation for a while! Sounds a lot like Lancome Teint Idole Ultra :)

Kathryn at Cherries in the Snow said...

I've never looked to Clarins for foundation, always loved their skin care though. I think this would really work well on my oily skin!

Amy said...

hey, sorry this is not relevant to the post (looks nice tho!) but in april i bought a lancome palette from your blogsale and i still havent received it? I have tried emailing you and have posted other comments but havent heard back. i have actually moved house now if you could maybe email me at amyst19@yahoo.co.uk that would be great.