Friday 19 December 2014

Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara Ultra Black



Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara Ultra Black

Every so often I come across a product that I instantly fall in love with and this time it's from Bourjois, their Volume 1 Seconde Mascara. I was sent the original a while back but I sadly lost the sample and it seemed that every time I tried to repurchase it, it was sold out. Last month I finally got hold of one of them and couldn't believe how fabulous my lashes looked after one coat. I have both the original black and the newer intense black version, I prefer this ultra black version purely for that slight darker lash look.

It is one of those mascara that give you perfect full looking lashes after one application. Though you do need to let it dry out a bit to get the most from it. It has a comb wand which I prefer, as I find they tend to separate my lashes better than 'brush' wands do. You really do only need one coat but for me there is no such thing as too much mascara, I apply about 3 coats until my lashes are plumped up and looking delightfully false (but not overly so). The black colour helps create that full looking lash, you don't need to apply liner to the lash line to help give the illusion of longer fuller lashes this does it all for you. The formula is really good, I don't find my lashes 'drop' during the day or give any fall out, nor does it smudge on me. I can't stand a mascara that smudges on my brow bone or underneath my eye. Despite the fact it stays on well it isn't a hassle to remover, I use Floracil from Gatineau and one cotton wool pad per eye removers all my eye make-up easily - no lash loss.

For £9.99 you really can't beat this mascara, yes there are high end brands that do fab mascara's but at this price range it gets a thumbs up from me. If you can find a tube then I recommend giving it a whirl. 
You can buy it from Boots for £9.99 (they also currently have a 3 for 2 offer on Bourjois products).

What mascara are you loving right now? 
Or are you a fan of this Bourjois gem?

No comments: