Sunday 30 October 2011

Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray

thickening hairspray
Now I'll put my hands up here and tell you I don't like hairspray, I am a big believer in prepping your hair so that your hair is able to hold a style rather than having to cake your hair in hairspray to hold it. I cannot stand that crispy dry feeling that your hair gets, yes I know there are some marvelous ones out there that wont leave your hair like that but none that I have tried have ever been used more than once (and I have tried nearly every one  out there!).


So enter the Bumble and Bumble thickening hairspray, which to my surprise I actually like. Not as a traditional hairspray though, I don't 'set' my hair with this it's not meant to be used like that. I like this because you use it before you style, when hair is damp if you want even before you blow dry and style your hair. I think this is why I love it. 
I apply this in sections to my hair as I am blow drying my hair, it has a lovely fresh minty scent that adds to that refreshing feeling once you have stepped out of the shower, sadly it doesn't linger and once you work with it the scent disappears. 
This gives some impressive volume to my hair, it really thickens my fine hair when I'm drying it. Having fine hair I find it difficult to get real volume and body, like I said I use a lot of prep products in the hope I will have bouncy hair but that doesn't always happen. Since using the Bumble and Bumble thickening spray I have found using a round barrel brush that my hair really gets some lift in it, leaving me with a salon finish at home. 


It has made me cut out my other prep products as this does everything that I want and need, it gives volume, subtle hold, keeps my hair sleek and shiny. I'm not sure why Bumble and Bumble call it a 'hairspray' as I don't think it really shines if you use it after styling, it comes into it's own when you use it before you style before you dry your hair. Perhaps I'm just so used to disliking traditional hairsprays.
I think you can tell by this rave review that I love it, all the Bumble and Bumble products I have used I've loved. The texture creme is another favorite of mine, I've talked about it before, used with the thickening spray I get the most gorgeous bed head style. It looks like I've just rolled out of bed when in fact I've spent about 4mins preening my blonde locks. 
250ml RRP £20.50 You can buy it online HERE
What do you love from Bumble and Bumble what should I check out next??



No comments: