Sunday 18 December 2011

Bobbi Brown Party Eye Shadow Palettes



Bobbi Brown is a brand I can see everyone finding a colour, formulation or finish that is perfect for them. I love the Bobbi Brown blushers, concealer and lip sticks, for Christmas this year they launched some fabulous new products and two that caught my eye immediately were the Cool Party and Party Eye Palettes. Two palettes filled with gorgeous colours, I love every shade in them and look even better on my eyes. Let's have a look..


Cool Party Eye Palette £39.00
I really like this palette, you can choose a soft light and icy look, or you can vamp it up with a dark smoldering smoky eye. All the shades are 'cool' toned hence the name, they really make my eyes pop and make the whites of my eyes look brighter. There is a nice mix of eye shadow formulations in the palette (starting from the top, from left to right) White is a matte, Iced Blue is a Metallic, Rockstar is a Metallic, Sterling is a Shimmer Wash, Gunmetal is a Shimmer Wash and Onyx is a (gorgeous) Sparkle shadow. Onyx and Rockstar are the two I have been using for a dark smoky eye, and during the day I have been using Iced Blue and Sterling for a more day time friendly look.  

Swatches: 
Top row; Bottom row

Party Eye Palette £39.00
As much as I like the 'Cool' palette this one is definitely my favourite, I like cooler shades for night time but for everyday looks in general I tend to go for warmer shades. Again there is a lovely mix of shades from pale cream working the way up to black, so you can create different looks, both of these palettes are great for taking your makeup from day to night is just a few brush strokes. (Starting from top, left to right) Bone is a shimmer wash, Champagne Quartz is a Metallic, Pebble is a Metallic, Pink Blaze is a Sparkle, Copper Sand is a Shimmer Wash and Black Chocolate is a Matte. Like I said I have been reaching more for this palette, Bone, Champagne Quarts and Copper Sand are my go to shades for a light smoky eye, and to take it into night time I just smoke it out with Black Chocolate. Simple.

Swatches
Top row; Bottom row

I adore both palettes, the eye shadows are really pigmented and very creamy to touch making them easy to blend. Although I would advise using a primer underneath so that you really do get the full colour, if you apply directly onto your skin I found they can look a little washed out. With a little bit of mixing lotion you can also turn them into gorgeous eye liners too and you won't ruin the eye shadow if you do.  The packaging is very sleek and thin, you could easily slot them into your pocket which is nice, I don't like palettes to be big I like them to be compact. 

I think the palettes are well worth the £39.00 they cost each, I also thing either one of these palettes would make a perfect little present for someones Christmas or as a lovely stocking filler.


You can buy them online HERE or at any Bobbi Brown counter

No comments: