Monday 9 July 2012

Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Body Lotion


Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Body Lotion for Normal to Dark skin £5.69 
This is half price currently in Boots stores or online here!

Gradual tanners and I have had a love hate relationship over the years, very few have passed my tests and expectations but Dove recently reformulated summer glow is a new favourite. I can remember trying this a few years back and being seriously disappointed by the formula, patchy orange and took so long to dry. However they have now changed the formula, this feels far less greasy compared to the last time I used this, it is also fool proof to use because it absorbs faster it leaves you with a more even tan. I find tans that take a while to dry often become patchy. After 2-3 days of applying this at night you are left with natural bronzed tan, not too dark however not subtle. If you are looking for a more subtle tan then I would recommend the Fair to Medium version, I do also use this but instead of using it for the sole purpose of creating a deep tan I use this to moisturise in between tanning with a self tanners (especially mousse tanners as they dry my skin out and I find this helps to rehydrate my skin again). As long as you regularly apply this it won't go patchy, as it is also a body lotion but once a week I do like to scrub all my tan off in a bubble bath to ensure my tan stays flawless! I like to stock up on this when it's on offer, which it always seems to be half price, right now it is only £2.84. A bargain for the quality.

Have tried this or any other gradual tanners?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this product, I always use it! x

Lauren said...

This sounds really good, I'm currently using Garnier Summerbody as I picked it up half price a while back and I really like it, I remember using it when it first came out and it was awful but now it's really good and it's created a lovely even tan xx