Tuesday 10 July 2012

Liz Earle Healthy Glow Powder Blush 05 Coral

Healthy Glow Powder Blush in 05 Coral £16.50 
Available from Liz Earle online here, John Lewis stores or from QVC

Last year at the launch of Liz Earle's Sheer Tint, the brands first venture into the world of colour, we were lucky enough to hear from Liz Earle herself about what was to come.  They have expanded into makeup after years of customers repeatedly asking them to create fabulous makeup to match the skincare we all love. I was so excited for the launch and kept my finger on the pulse, finally the whole was launched and I was lucky enough to receive a few products to try out. I pretty much want everything the entire range is brilliant and to the point, they kept it simple but with the opportunity to bring in more colours and other product lines. 

One of the products I had been excited about since seeing Liz Earle wearing it almost a year before, it was the powder blushes, being a big blusher fan I couldn't wait to try their offerings to the market. Liz Earle describe their powder brush as "Our sheer, smooth powder blush enhances cheeks with a soft, healthy-looking finish. The lightweight, easy-to-blend formula contains micronised pigments to make it easy to build up colour as desired. Enriched with our own natural source vitamin E." and I agree the formula is so soft and easy to work with. You can tell they really did spend years working on each product as the quality is far better that I expected. The Healthy Glow Powder Blush in 05 Coral is a gorgeous coral shade, vibrant but very wearable, don't be put off by the colour in the pan as it is a sheer-ish formula that you can easily build to give a more intense pay off. But do still be light handed as the pigment is rich so you really only need a few taps on the pan. The shade is described as "Soft coral. The warm undertones look very fresh on creamy to golden-toned complexions. It also works well with pinky undertones". This is a perfect colour for my skin tone, the pink and golden undertones really bring out the radiance in my complexion, it looks fresh.

As I said they kept the colour selections small, universal shades that work for everyone, this is available in seven shades. They have kept they shades fairly neutral too so not to intimidate or exclude anyone, however I would love to see them bring out more shades; softer pale almost highlighter colours and extremely vibrant rich shades that would perhaps take a seasoned colour fan to wear. I am excited to see where the brand goes from here. I cannot knock the blusher at all, the packaging is sleep and compact, with the subtle shimmer shot through it. It was great to see they included a mirror inside, as it is a small compact they could easily have skipped this but then Liz Earle always takes time for the little details. I have been rocking this a lot recently, I love how this brightens my face and it's not just me that thinks this, I have actually been stopped in the street on two different occasions by women to ask what I had on my cheeks. As well as my family and friends all commenting on how healthy I look.

On my wishlist right now are a couple of the other Healthy Glow Powder BlushersNude 03, Camellia 01 & Nectar 06, as I think they are such pretty shades.

Have you tried any of the Liz Earle cosmetics yet? Let me know what you think!

No comments: