Wednesday 11 July 2012

Stila Convertible Colour in Peony

Stila Convertible Colour in Peony £16.00 available from BeautyBay.com and selected Boots store

Stila's convertible colours seem to pop up every now and then on my blog radar, they have always intrigued me with the vibrant colour and pretty compact packaging. I have heard great thing on a few blogs about these but had found it hard to get hold of Stila products in the UK before the brands return last year and I'm not a fan on buying make up online without seeing it in person first. As soon as I received this I whipped it out and applied peony to the apples of my cheeks, it is a pinky beige shade that is very flattering and wearable for most skin tones I would say. You can use this on both your lips and cheeks, and I have been wearing it both ways. As a cream blusher it is gorgeous, the formula is very smooth and melts into the skin so pretty easy to apply and easily built up for more colour. It does lean more towards a sheer formula, so you can really use this in different ways and play around with layer to find the best suited way for you. They last a decent amount on time too, so no fear of having patchy cheeks after an hour or two, I prefer to not set it with a powder but if I were going somewhere special I would use a little translucent powder. However the subtle sheen creates a lovely dewy radiance, leaving your cheeks with a healthy glow, or you can layer it under a powder blusher to build an intense colour. I use a stippling blush to apply cream cheek products as that is just how I prefer, as I find the brushes great to blend with. On the lips it is very creamy again with a subtle sheen that is moisturising too, peony the perfect 'my lips but better' kind of shade. It is more of a balm than a lipstick because of the hydrating feel but certainly with more colour that your typical lip balm would give. Still very pretty.

As I said at the start the packaging is very pretty, it certainly makes you want to pick this up and use it. I like the fact it has a mirror in the compact and it feels sturdy so it would be fine to carry around with you.

Overall I was impressed with how lovely and easy this was to apply and wear, perfect for summer, so I can see this becoming a sunny weather staple. I already have my eye on gladiola, fuchsia and petunia, as I think the vibrant shades would look great on sunny days with simple paired down makeup and the focus being on the pop of colour on the cheeks.

Have you tried Stila's Convertible Colour's? Let me know your other favourite Stila products that I should take a look at as well.

No comments: