Saturday 21 April 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


Way back in January I was sent a few shades of the new Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, it couldn't have arrived at a better time as I decided to kick my addiction to matte finishes. I was interested to see whether it would live up to the "anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow" claim on the bottle, I wanted this to great a radiant better version on my own skin and having read many other blog posts about this my hopes were high. I really should have blogged about this earlier, to be honest the only reason I haven't is down to the fact I have thoroughly been enjoying wearing this, it became a fast everyday product therefor it slipped my mind. 

The texture is as you might expect light, almost like a gel, which I feel helps the products to melt and blend better into my skin. I have used a couple of different techniques to apply this, however I have found a flat top foundation/kabuki brush works the best to ensure you get an even flawless finish.  I use between 1&2 pumps depending on what kind of cover I am looking for that day, but like I said this is a very buildable so if you need more cover this will serve you well. 

Rimmel haven't roped me in with a base product in quite some years but this fresh natural, yet still delivering a buildable medium coverage, foundation has totally won me over. Evening out my slightly uneven skin tone, hiding my pores, giving my skin a boost in radiance and not once has this caked or felt at all heavy on. Just glowing. 


Since I have had a long period to really test this out, I have found with a primer this will last me a good 6-7 hours without need for a touch up however as I don't use a powder with this I tend to just buff a tiny bit more into my skin as my 'touch up'. Again even though I am applying more the formulation is so light it doesn't cake or cling to any patches of skin. Another point I want to touch on is although there is some pearl particles suspended in the formula, I haven't noticed them in-doors, out in the sunshine or under a flash, so it certainly isn't going to turn you into a glitter ball like some.

Available from Boots and Superdrug priced at £8.99, or you can read more here!





6 comments:

TwoSistersOneObsession said...

I think this foundation is great,didn't expect to like it as much as I did!

Ashlie x

Samantha said...

I had a sample of this and thought it was great! It smells lovely! x

Unknown said...

I keep hearing such good things about this foundation, should really try it out!
Carissa xx

Vanilla Crush Blog

Katy - Giggles And Makeup said...

I tryed this out and really didnt like it! Im an oily-combination and i found it just made my skin shiny! Iv heard many others rave about it though!
http://gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

ooo i was going to get this today but opted for the bourjois 123 make up instead... may have to try this one next time =) xo

pebbz | pebbzblog.blogspot.com

Sophia Blogging said...

Oooh I've heard such great reviews about this foundation! Might go try it out after I've finished some of my other ones! xxx