Sunday 30 August 2009

Illamasqua Powder Blush

At TBS event i had gone to selfridges and picked up Nymph blush, i had wanted Katie but they didnt have that, however the lovely Vicky is going to get it for me at the newcastle counter. This was the next best colour to Katie, its a bummble pink, blue undertones, it does remind me of well dressed but brighter and much more pigmentated.

I was definately surprised by the quality much like Nars you need the slightest touch with your brush to pick the colour otherwise you will have Blush OD, this is from personal experience lol. My MAC 187 ive found is a good brush as i can pick up the colour, but also buff it in too.

The packaging is very chic, i like how the sides curve in and it isnt your typical square or circular packaging, and i also like the clear top so you can easily see the colour. Some people have commented on the fact that finger prints so up easy on the packaging, however for me that isnt a problem a simple tissue wipe and its gone.

Price wise? It costs £16.00 so another pricey brand but worth it.

Ive fallen in love with alot of products, and my bank balance will certainly be hit when i go to the counter next! The swatches online arent the best and i would say to you to do your research google it or go to a counter if you can otherwise you might not be happy when the come to you.

Online swatch:
This is my new fave blush.

xoxo

p.s the top pic i googled for not my own , my cam wouldnt work :(

5 comments:

Sophie said...

such a pretty colour...xoxo

Holly said...

I love well dressed, no doubt i'll love this! Great Post girlie :) xx

Hayley Anderson said...

Illamasqua is getting some good coverage in the beauty blogging world. It's a great brand.

P.S. I've moved my blog over to: beautytalkwithhayley.blogspot.com - come and join me over there.

Hay.xx

Viva La Fashion said...

that colors looks so vibrant against the black. <3

Tali said...

The swatches are sooo off!! But thankfully they said they are working on taking actual photos of each shade.. cant wait to see the new website when thats done!!