Friday 19 November 2010

Red Lips♥

Slowly but surely I have been movin away from a nude lip everyday, long gone are the days where MAC Myth was the only lipstick I used. Now I am into pink, bright colours and even reds. So I thought I would show you the 3 red lipstick shades that I have had on rotation since the days have got darker and colder. In winter I prefer red lips, there is no logic to it but for me I like red over pink this time of year.

♥ Clinique Colour Surge Lipstick 


This has been my favourite red lipstick for about 3 years now, sadly this is my last tube as I believe it has now been discontinued. The formula gives me a rich pigment on the lips, with also giving a beautiful shine and it lasts too. The colour is Red Drama.

♥ Elizabeth Arden Anniversary Lipstick


Firstly I love the name 'Red Door Red' and from a brand like Elizabeth Arden you know its going to a statement red, which it is. It's the perfect cross between a statement red lip with the wearable factor of a sheer formula. With the subtle shimmer throughout it gives the lips a fuller look too. Now because it is sheer it doesn't last as long, but for a first time red lipstick I would suggest this.

♥ LimeCrime


Hopefully you have seen my video on the brand before, I have 4 lipsticks in total and I love them all dearly. The shade is Retrofuturist. It is bright and bold, it looks great on and it fast becoming a favourite lippie of mine to wear. I was really surprised with the lasting power too, it lasts through many sips :)

Swatches
in same order as above


They are are cool tone shades too, and the Clinique shade is the darkest shade.
What's your best shade of red?

1 comment:

Yu said...

I've been the same in terms of darker lips, but I haven't been as brave as you! I really like ASIA by Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipsticks, but I've also been trying to pull off a lipstick from Bourjois's So Rouge line.. it's hard lol.