Friday 18 February 2011

Clinique Foundation Guide: Superbalanced ♥


"With an elegant blend of silicones for a luxurious dewiness, and spherical optical diffusers that scatter light and minimise the appearance of imperfections, Superbalanced Makeupprovides gorgeous, flawless coverage that’s so eminently blendable and natural-looking that you can take it from sheer to full coverage with extraordinary ease of application. Oil-free and perspiration-proof, it contains protective antioxidants and soothing chamomile extract."

This is up there with my all time favourite foundations, my holg grail if you will, with combo/oily skin it is a pain to get the perfect foundation as the colour tends to react with the oil on my skin. However Clinique have found the solution and formulated this foundation to ensure that the oil that our skin produces will not react with the pigment in the foundation that normally causes the colour to get deeper and deeper. 

It gives a flawless finish to the skin, it hides my pores, whisks away any shine throughout the day and generally makes my skin look amazing. This is generally for the more oilier skin types, however when I worked on counter I found that this also worked for some of the drier skin types too and still gave beautiful results.

Superbalanced is great for us who have a little slip on the skin that normally would mean a tinted moisturiser was just a total no go, if you mix a little of this with your day cream youll find it stays a lot better than traditional TM's. Or if you are looking for a full coverage this will provide that too, giving you a lot of choice with one bottle. It is one formula that can carry me from winter through summer no problem.



Superbalanced Makeup, 30ml RRP £21.00

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sounds like my kind of foundation! Thank you for the review :)

louise said...

I adore this foundation. I am clinique skin type 2 so very dry cheeks but quite an oily nose (annoying!) and this works perfectly. My skin looks lovely when I wear it and I like the fact it is buildable.
Adore all your clinique reviews, I am a bit of a clinique-aholic!
xxx

Justine (Productrater) said...

I heard the coverage on this wasn't great, that's why I didn't pick it up. Love even better though!

Vintage Lady said...

This one is the best option for me!