Tuesday 8 February 2011

My Halo Hair ♥

This is a long over due post, I have had these halo hair extensions for about 3/4 months now and it is definitely time to let you know what I think. I have a full head set of 100% Human Remy hair in shade #613, which is one of their lightest shades and it is a perfect match for me. Any pictures of me with long hair over the last few months have been thanks to these.


Having used all sorts of extensions since I was 15, that's a whole 4 years of perfecting the application, I can whip them in really quickly. Like others there is no fuss, it is really easy to place in my hair and undetectable. Only anyone who knows what my hair is naturally like would know these were extensions, everyone else has just been complimenting me on 'my' hair which is really nice.


When I wear them I tend to layer my hair from ear to ear, back combing each layer so the clips have something extra to grip onto, if you skip this you will find the clips pull down on your hair which not only hurts but will damage your hair. I have been washing them like I do my own hair, I always use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner, plus a weekly intense treatment to keep them healthy and shiny. I also try to reduce how much each I use on them, I keep styling to a minimal however I have found that they hold the 'straight' really well and after blow drying them I rarely actually need to straighten them.


So as I said it has been about 3 months I have had these, they still love new and lovely. These are one of the best brands I have used, and have recommended them to many people. 


They cost £49.99 for the full head in 20" which is really good value, I had paid double this for hair that is of a lesser quality. If you are looking for some new extensions I recommend Halo, a massive 5stars from me.


My only negative thing is that the 20" wasn't quite long enough and I think the 24" would be better suited. But I am still more than happy with the 20".


Some pictures of me wearing them...




and one of me wearing my hair up...



6 comments:

www.thatgurlwho.co.uk said...

Those look so pretty on you! I've been meaning to get myself some extensions for well over 6 months but keep putting it off. Love the colour too, blonde really suits you!

Sophie said...

Nice :) I think I want to try some extensions.

Sarah Lou said...

The extensions look great! They really blend in well with the rest of your hair :)

I may have to try some...I'm too impatient to wait for my hair to grow! xx

Anonymous said...

I have these extentions! What shampoo and conditioner do you use on them because i'm not sure what to use? x

MakeupLoveer said...

@Anon

I just use whatever I use on my own hair, currently the body shops range

x

Gemx said...

They look fab, you wouldn't think you had extensions in! I really want to try some :)